Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Cut Down On Food And Drinks Costs When Travelling

I'm sure it's not only me who when traveling ends up feeling hungry and in need of a drink goes along to a coffee shop or cafe and feels cheated because of how much I end up having to pay. Airports, train stations and motorway services must make huge profits from what we, as captive customers, have to pay. The premiums that get charged for coffees and snacks are huge. 

I like to think I've learnt my lessons and now:

  1. Take sandwiches and snacks with me
  2. Always take bottled water with me - not possible at airports if course
  3. Take a vacuum flask of my own coffee with me - much better and far cheaper than any you'll get at a service station

It's not a disaster to have to buy food and drink when you're traveling but a little thinking ahead can save money that you can put to better use elsewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment