Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

The Reality Of Now

How does it feel when you do your food shopping at a large out of town supermarket and how does that compare to when you shop locally? If you're anything like me it will be a mixture of emotions. Knowing that the variety is often greater at a supermarket and that for many things I'm benefitting from their colossal buying power doesn't feel quite right. I can feel guilty that despite some employment for those working at the store my money is being sucked into some large central pot that has no impact on me whatsoever. At the same time I do value the convenience. Maybe shopping for food has become shopping for the fuel we need to live our lives and get over ourselves. Maybe our local stores have to settle for far less than they want and focus on providing us the specialities that we only want now and again. It's not easy but it's the reality of now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment