Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

Don't You Want Freedom Of Choice?

When I think of what it would be like if all my money worries were swept away in one go the initial thought is of complete joy - why wouldn't it be? Then I think about what would come next. What differences would it make to me as a person?

Yes, there might be very different material things in my life (but not that much if I'm honest) and a few holidays to far off places would be nice. But would it change me for the better? I hope the answer to this question is that it wouldn't change me, and my values, one way or the other. 

I'd still believe in:

  1. Not paying over the odds for things
  2. Looking for the best deals I can 
  3. Not buying things I don't really want 
  4. Paying off any debt I have as soon as I possibly can
It's that last one that is so obvious to me but seems so elusive to far too many people these days. If you owe others money they have power over you. If you owe nobody any money they don't and you have freedom of choice over what you do. And that's more powerful than anything money alone can give you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment